Happy Holidays from Kaiserslautern!
Experience the Christmas spirit at the traditional Christmas market or the ice-skating rink. Feel the fascination of thousands of fairy lights allover the town. Come and be enchanted by the spirit of the season.
22 November 2013 to 16 February 2014: Ice Skating Rink at the Garden Fair
26 November to 23 December: Christmas Market between the Stiftskirche (Gothic church) and the Schillerplatz and
Silvester Market from 27 to 30 December
25 November to 22 December: Christmas Crafts Market ((Kulturmarkt) at the Fruchthalle
30 November to 08 December: Christmas Market at Edith-Stein-Haus on Steinstrasse
Kaiserslautern Christmas & New Year's Market
25 November - 23 December and 27 - 30 December 2013
Advent in Kaiserslautern - Get in the mood for Christmas with exclusive gift ideas, culinary delights and a program of Christmas entertainment.
Kaiserslautern Christmas Market and New Year’s Market (Weihnachtsmarkt und Silvestermarkt)
25 November - 23 December and 27 - 30 December
Monday - Wednesday: 10.00 - 21.00
Thursday - Saturday: 10.00 - 22.00
Sunday: 13.00 - 21.00
Meet friends, look for tasteful and interesting gifts, and go on a culinary journey. The Christmas Market takes place from 25 November through 23 December around the gothic Stiftskirche and on Schillerplatz. Visitors will find a large choice of Christmas delicacies as well as unusual gifts. The inner courtyard of the Stiftskirche with its many food stalls promises to be a particular highlight.
The New Year’s Market lasts just three days, from 27 - 30 December. Celebrate the end of 2013 and the upcoming New Year with friends or family over a delicious mug of mulled wine (Glühwein).
Christmas Market at the Edith-Stein-Haus
30 November - 08 December
Weekdays 12:00 - 19:00, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 - 18:00
A small but traditional and very atmospheric market is held on the first weekend of Advent at the Edith-Stein-Haus. A variety of creative gifts is on sale including charming Christmas decorations. Culinary highlights include cinnamon waffles, mulled wine, home-baked cakes, snacks and a warm lunch every day. Christmas music played and sung by pupils at the Emmerich-Smola-Musikschule adds to the festive atmosphere.
Pre-Christmas Crafts Market (Kulturmarkt)
25 November - 22 December
Daily 12:00 - 19:00
From 25 November to 22 December, Kaiserslautern's Pre-Christmas Crafts Market (Kulturmarkt) will take place for the 31st time in the historic Fruchthalle. It's the perfect place to look for handcrafted artefacts, unusual gift ideas and products from charitable organizations.
Handcrafts made of wood, gold, glass, gold, silver and other metals, pottery and porcelain, textiles will be on offer. Local charities will have stalls selling items produced in local charity workshops.
The youngest members of the family are very welcome to play in the children's play room.
And a café will take care of the culinary side of things.
The Pre-Christmas Crafts Market is open daily from 12 noon to 19:00. When a concert is taking place in the Fruchthalle, the market stalls will remain open until the beginning of the concert.
To celebrate the Christmas season, a special series of concerts takes place in the traditional concert room of the Fruchthalle
28 November 20:00 - Oriental Music
01 December 15:00 - Pfalz-Theater Orchestra - Guiseppi Verdi
06 December 20:00 - Pfalz-Theater Orchestra - Lutoslawski - Koussevitzki - Beethoven
12 December 20:00 - Isabelle Faust - Violin, Alexander Melnikow - Piano, Brahms - Prokofjew - Franck - Hindemith
13 December 20:00 - USAFE-AFAFRICA Band - Christmas Concert
19 December 13:00 - Deutsche Radio Philharmonie Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern - Mozart - Tschaikowsky
31 December 17:00 - New Year's Eve Concert - Deutsche Radio Philharmonie Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern - Verdi - Mascagni - Strauss - Lehár - Kreisler - De Sarasate - Saint-Saens - and more . . .
Kaiserslautern on Ice
22 November 2013 - 16 February 2014
A large skating rink in the Eishalle at the Gartenschau invites all skaters, big and small to come enjoy the winter fun. There’s plenty of room for beginners and experienced skaters. If it gets too cold, warm up with mulled wine, a mug of hot tea or seasonal food. A program of activities such as Bavarian Curling (Eisstockschießen) adds to the fun. No skates? No problem - there will be skates to rent.
- 12.1: THE ARCHIVES
- 12.2: More Heidelberg Events
- 12.3: Summer at the Mercedes-Benz Museum
- 12.4: Titanic
- 12.5: American Bike & Car Festival
- 12.6: Homburg St. Martin's Day Procession
- 12.7: Homburg Christmas Village
- 12.8: Heidelberg Christmas Market
- 12.9: SOLARIMPULSE ACROSS AMERICA
- 12.10: Montreux Jazz Festival
- 12.11: Americana Western Horse Show
- 12.12: Wiesbaden City Festival
- 12.13: Octoberfest Brauhaus Castel Mainz
- 12.14: Tübingen chocolART festival
- 12.15: Frankfurt Christmas Market
- 12.16: Homburg Christmas Market
- 12.17: Mainz Christmas Market
- 12.18: Nürnberg Christkindlesmarkt
- 12.19: Wiesbaden Christmas Market
- 12.20: Stuttgart Christmas Market
- 12.21: Baden-Baden Christmas Market
- Die aktuelle Seite ist 12.22: Kaiserslautern Christmas Market
- 12.23: Wilchow Christmas World Landstuhl
- 12.24: Veterama Hockenheim
- 12.25: Golfing in Northern Italy
- 12.26: MaiMarkt Mannheim
- 12.27: Homburg's 40th May Festival
- 12.28: Baden-Baden Events
- 12.29: 8th Kaiserslautern Classics - Oldtimer Vintage Car Rally
- 12.30: Long Night of the Arts Kaiserslautern
- 12.31: Jazz Open 2014 Stuttgart
- 12.32: NitrolympX 2014 Hockenheimring
- 12.33: Homburg City Festival
- 12.34: Bad Dürkheim Würstmarkt
- 12.35: Munich - Oktoberfest
- 12.36: Stuttgart Beer Festival - Canstatter Volksfest
- 12.37: Veterama - Mannheim