Happy Holidays from Kaiserslautern!
Experience the Christmas spirit at the traditional Christmas market or the ice-skating rink. Feel the fascination of thousands of fairy lights allover the town. Come and be enchanted by the spirit of the season.
16 November 2012 to 10 February 2013: Ice Skating Rink at the Garden Fair
26 November to 23 December: Christmas Market between the Stiftskirche (Gothic church) and the Schillerplatz and
Silvester Market from 27 to 30 December
03 December to 22 December: Christmas Crafts Market ((Kulturmarkt) at the Fruchthalle
01 December to 09 December: Christmas Market at Edith-Stein-Haus on Steinstrasse
Kaiserslautern Christmas & New Year's Market
26 November - 23 December and 27 - 30 December 2012
Advent in Kaiserslautern - Get in the mood for Christmas with exclusive gift ideas, culinary delights and a program of Christmas entertainment.
Kaiserslautern Christmas Market and New Year’s Market (Weihnachtsmarkt und Silvestermarkt)
26 November - 23 December and 27 - 30 December
Monday - Wednesday: 10.00 - 21.00
Thursday - Saturday: 10.00 - 22.00
Sunday: 13.00 - 21.00
Meet friends, look for tasteful and interesting gifts, and go on a culinary journey. The Christmas Market takes place from 26 November through 23 December around the gothic Stiftskirche and on Schillerplatz. Visitors will find a large choice of Christmas delicacies as well as unusual gifts. The inner courtyard of the Stiftskirche with its many food stalls promises to be a particular highlight.
The New Year’s Market lasts just three days, from 27 - 29 December. Celebrate the end of 2012 and the upcoming New Year with friends or family over a delicious mug of mulled wine (Glühwein).
Christmas Market at the Edith-Stein-Haus
01 December - 09 December
Weekdays 12:00 - 19:00, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 - 18:00
A small but traditional and very atmospheric market is held on the first weekend of Advent at the Edith-Stein-Haus. A variety of creative gifts is on sale including charming Christmas decorations. Culinary highlights include cinnamon waffles, mulled wine, home-baked cakes, snacks and a warm lunch every day. Christmas music played and sung by pupils at the Emmerich-Smola-Musikschule adds to the festive atmosphere.
Pre-Christmas Crafts Market (Kulturmarkt)
03 - 22 December
Daily 12:00 - 19:00
From 03 to 22 December, Kaiserslautern's Pre-Christmas Crafts Market (Kulturmarkt) will take place for the 30th time in the historic Fruchthalle. It's the perfect place to look for handcrafted artefacts, unusual gift ideas and products from charitable organizations.
Handcrafts made of wood, gold, glass, gold, silver and other metals, pottery and porcelain, textiles will be on offer. Local charities will have stalls selling items produced in local charity workshops.
The youngest members of the family are very welcome to play in the children's play room.
And a café will take care of the culinary side of things.
The Pre-Christmas Crafts Market is open daily from 12 noon to 19:00. When a concert is taking place in the Fruchthalle, the market stalls will remain open until the beginning of the concert.
To celebrate the Christmas season, a special series of concerts takes place in the traditional concert room of the Fruchthalle
22 November, 20.00: Nikolai Demidenko, piano solo
25 November, 15.00: Nikolai Demidenko, piano solo
7 December, 20:00: Symphony Concert - Rhineland-Palatinate State Philharmonic Orchestra
13 December, 20:00: Los Angeles Guitar Quartett
22 December, 20:00: Children's and Family Concert
31 December, 17:00: Silvesterkonzert/New Year’s concert Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz
Kaiserslautern on Ice
16 November 2012 - 10 February 2013
A large skating rink in the Eishalle at the Gartenschau invites all skaters, big and small to come enjoy the winter fun. There’s plenty of room for beginners and experienced skaters. If it gets too cold, warm up with mulled wine, a mug of hot tea or seasonal food. A program of activities such as Bavarian Curling (Eisstockschießen) adds to the fun. No skates? No problem - there will be skates to rent.
- 14.1: THE ARCHIVES
- 14.2: 4th IFAF World American Football Championship
- 14.3: More Heidelberg Events
- 14.4: David Hockney Exhibition
- 14.5: Oktoberfest Wallau
- 14.6: Summer at the Mercedes-Benz Museum
- 14.7: Garden Show 2009 Schwerin
- 14.8: Vienna Summer 2009
- 14.9: Sesame Street/USO Experience
- 14.10: Viennale Film Festival
- 14.11: Codes and Clowns @ Heinz Nixdorf MuseumsForum - Paderborn
- 14.12: Wiesbaden DTM
- 14.13: Charity Golf Tournament
- 14.14: Titanic
- 14.15: "Belt it Out" song-writing competition
- 14.16: American Bike & Car Festival
- 14.17: Americana Western Horse Show
- 14.18: Wiesbaden City Festival
- 14.19: IAA 2011
- 14.20: Horrid Halloween at an Amusement Park
- 14.21: Marille el sugo con piselli
- 14.22: PhotoFestival Mannheim Ludwigshafen Heidelberg
- 14.23: Homburg St. Martin's Day Procession
- 14.24: Massong - Fire Protection & Safety
- 14.25: Whats On Wiesbaden, Mainz, Frankfurt
- 14.26: Whats On Heidelberg Mannheim
- 14.27: Whats On Stuttgart
- 14.28: TKS Shop Locations
- 14.29: Whats On Bavaria
- 14.30: Paul Hanke
- 14.31: Pullman City Western Town
- 14.32: Jazz Open 2012 Stuttgart
- 14.33: Soccer EURO 2012
- 14.34: Montreux Jazz Festival
- 14.35: NitrolympX Hockenheimring
- 14.36: Kaiserslautern Classics
- 14.37: Homburg Stadtfest
- 14.38: Würstmarkt Bad Dürkheim
- 14.39: Octoberfest Brauhaus Castel
- 14.40: Oktoberfest Munich
- 14.41: Stuttgart Beer Festival
- 14.42: Enjoy Jazz HD MA LU
- 14.43: Tübingen chocolART festival
- 14.44: Christmas Market Roundup
- 14.45: Wiesbaden Christmas Market
- 14.46: Stuttgart Christmas Market
- 14.47: Nürnberg Christkindlesmarkt
- 14.48: Mannheim Christmas Market
- Die aktuelle Seite ist 14.49: Kaiserslautern Christmas Market
- 14.50: Mainz Christmas Market
- 14.51: Homburg Christmas Village
- 14.52: Heidelberg Christmas Market
- 14.53: Homburg Christmas Market
- 14.54: Frankfurt Christmas Market
- 14.55: CHRISTMAS MARKETS
- 14.56: Veterama
- 14.57: Tripsdrill Amusement Park, Animal Paradise
- 14.58: MaiMarkt Mannheim