Friday 22 May
The opening attraction on the open air stage
21:00 - 24:00 Revengers - Rock classics
Saturday 23 May - Rock Night
15:00 - 17:00 - Uni Big Band - Jazz & more
20:00 - 24:00 - "Funky Pinguru" James Brown tribute band & soul classics
Sunday 24 May - Country Time
14:00 - 18:00 - Country music and linedance from "Lunchbox". Traditonal or modern it's all country.
19:00 - 22:00 "Celebrate music 4U" Cover hits
Friday 22 May
17:00 - 19:00 - The musicians from the "Pfarrkapelle Kirrberg" will open the evening's proceedings.
20:00 - 24:00 - Live music and a party atmosphere with "Take Five".
Saturday 23 May
13:00 - 15:00 - Musical afternoon with the "Blasorchester Jägersburg"
20:00 - 24:00 - "Firma Holunder" Party time with coverhits
Sunday 24 May
12:00 - 14:00 - Frühschoppen with "Musikverein Reiskirchen"
15:00 - 18:00 - Big band classics "Time Machine".
19:00 - 22:00 - "Good Times" Oldies & Goldies from the 60's & 70's.
The 41st Annual Homburg May Festival
Friday May 22 to Sunday May 24
This year’s traditional Homburg May Festival will take place over Whitsuntide, the last weekend at the end of May - which the organisers hope will guarantee good weather.
Festivities begin on Friday evening at 5 o'clock at the historical Market Place with traditional German brass band music by the Pfarrkapelle Kirrberg. At 19:00 the Fest will be declared officially open with the traditional "tapping of the first beer barrel" by Mr. Rüdiger Schneidewind the mayor of Homburg.
A whole host of events - All for free!
The Homburg pedestrian zone from the Marktplatz to the Christian-Weber-Platz, and Ilmenauer-Platz will host a wide variety of festival events and entertainment including a flea market in the Talstrasse and pedestrian zone, and live music on two open-air stages - Rock & Pop, Soul & Country music at the Christian-Weber-Platz and Good Times atmosphere and Party Alarm at the historical Marktplatz.
For children, the center of attraction will be the Ilmenauer Platz with its Hüpfburg. A program with fun, clowns, magicians to keep the kids entertained on Sunday.
There will be many stalls offering local delicacies, refreshments, local beers and wines throughout the weekend.
A special attraction on the Saturday evening will be night tours of the Schlossberg Castle Caves. The escape tunnels for the castle which have been extensively renovated in recent years were dug during the early middle ages, with 5 kilometers of passages on 12 levels. The tours will take place from 20:00 to 23:00 on Saturday night.
Get a taste of Homburg hospitality - Come rain or come shine the Homburg May Festival is well worth a visit.
- 8.1: THE ARCHIVES
- 8.2: More Heidelberg Events
- 8.3: Summer at the Mercedes-Benz Museum
- 8.4: Titanic
- 8.5: American Bike & Car Festival
- 8.6: Homburg Christmas Village
- 8.7: Heidelberg Christmas Market
- 8.8: SOLARIMPULSE ACROSS AMERICA
- 8.9: Baden-Baden Christmas Market
- 8.10: Baden-Baden Events
- 8.11: Long Night of the Arts Kaiserslautern
- 8.12: Homburg City Festival
- 8.13: Wilchow Christmas World Landstuhl
- 8.14: Veterama Hockenheim 2015
- 8.15: MaiMarkt Mannheim
- Die aktuelle Seite ist 8.16: Homburg's 41st May Festival
- 8.17: The Snug Irish Pub, Kaiserslautern
- 8.18: 9th Kaiserslautern Classics - Oldtimer Vintage Car Rally
- 8.19: Jazz Open 2015 Stuttgart
- 8.20: Montreux Jazz Festival 2015
- 8.21: NitrolympX 2015 Hockenheimring
- 8.22: Americana Western Horse Show
- 8.23: Bad Dürkheim Würstmarkt
- 8.24: Wiesbaden City Festival
- 8.25: Octoberfest Brauhaus Castel Mainz
- 8.26: Munich - Oktoberfest
- 8.27: Stuttgart Beer Festival - Canstatter Volksfest
- 8.28: Veterama - Mannheim
- 8.29: Enjoy Jazz HD MA LU
- 8.30: Sindelfinger Weihnachtsbasar