Christmas Market in Frankfurt
27 November – 22 December 2013
The market’s symbolic Christmas tree is one the largest in all of Germany. Come and take a stroll amongst the many ornately decorated stalls and booths, where you are sure to find a little something for your loved ones back home.
A visit to the 300-year-old half-timbered “honey house” at St Paul’s Square is another absolute must. There, you’ll find countless gift ideas made of honey and bees wax, including the delicious Christmas honey with cinnamon and cloves. On the second floor, visitors have the chance to taste various types of honey as well as mead, the popular honey wine.
This year, why not imprint your Christmas cards with a special Frankfurt Christmastime stamp? Cards and letters may be dropped off at the holiday post point situated directly underneath the market’s brightly illuminated Christmas tree.
Next, we suggest a dropping into one of the many taverns and inns to enjoy a serving of Christmas goose and a glass of hot apple wine, the wintertime variation of Frankfurt’s most popular beverage. And for dessert, be sure to try a “Bethmännchen” or two, the traditional and highly popular Frankfurt marzipan candy.
Römerberg, Paulsplatz und Mainkai (Main quay)
Monday – Saturday 10:00 – 21:00 hours
Sunday 11:00 – 21:00 hours
Programme of the Christmas Market
Official Opening Ceremony
The Chiming of Frankfurt's Church Bells
On the Saturday before the 1st Advent, the bell towers of Frankfurt’s churches combine for a musical performance of special magnificence. Daily at 9:05 am, 12:05 pm and 5:05 pm (Römerberg) some 50 bells from 10 downtown churches chime in a melodic medley that can be heard across the whole city.
Take a ride on an historical steam train
Hop on board the historical steam train and take a ride along the majestic River Main
Christmas Market Tour - Stories, Sweets and Savouries
Enjoy the Frankfurt Christmas Market with all of your senses!
Let us invite you on a guides tour of Frankfurt’s time-honoured Christmas market. Become acquainted with the market's many culinary specialities and its traditions while learning more about historical and modern Frankfurt, Frankfurt personalities and the market itself. We invite you to join our tour guides in ascending to the *rooftop gallery of St. Nicholas Church, from where you'll be able to enjoy a wonderful panorama view of the entire market and the Frankfurt skyline. Next, join young and old for a nostalgic ride on a vintage carousel. Warm yourself with a hot cup of mulled wine at the end of the tour and take in the wonderful view of the market’s beautifully illuminated Christmas tree.
- Visits of the rooftop balustrade of St. Nicholas Church are performed at one's own risk.
- The rooftop gallery is not accessible during extreme weather conditions (ice or snow).
A carousel ride, hot mulled wine and a special marzipan candy
Tours are available in English and German-language from the 1st Advent onward.
Monday - Friday: 13:30 hrs.
Saturday + Sunday: 11:30 hrs. and 13.30 hrs.
Meeting Point: Tourist Information Römer
Duration: 1.5 hrs.
EUR 12,00 Adults
EUR 10,00 Students/Pupils
EUR 6,00 Children (5-15 years)
EUR 30,00 Family (2 adults and 2 children)
Subject to change!
Frankfurt Tourist+Congress Board, Kaiserstr. 56, 60329 Frankfurt
All Photos © with kind permission Tourismus+Congress GmbH Frankfurt am Main
- 12.1: THE ARCHIVES
- 12.2: More Heidelberg Events
- 12.3: Summer at the Mercedes-Benz Museum
- 12.4: Titanic
- 12.5: American Bike & Car Festival
- 12.6: Homburg St. Martin's Day Procession
- 12.7: Homburg Christmas Village
- 12.8: Heidelberg Christmas Market
- 12.9: SOLARIMPULSE ACROSS AMERICA
- 12.10: Montreux Jazz Festival
- 12.11: NitrolympX Hockenheimring
- 12.12: Americana Western Horse Show
- 12.13: Homburg City Festival
- 12.14: Bad Dürkheim Würstmarkt
- 12.15: Wiesbaden City Festival
- 12.16: Oktoberfest Munich
- 12.17: Octoberfest Brauhaus Castel Mainz
- 12.18: Veterama - Mannheim
- 12.19: Tübingen chocolART festival
- 12.20: Enjoy Jazz HD MA LU
- Die aktuelle Seite ist 12.21: Frankfurt Christmas Market
- 12.22: Homburg Christmas Market
- 12.23: Mainz Christmas Market
- 12.24: Mannheim Christmas Market
- 12.25: Nürnberg Christkindlesmarkt
- 12.26: Wiesbaden Christmas Market
- 12.27: Stuttgart Christmas Market
- 12.28: Christmas Market Roundup
- 12.29: Baden-Baden Christmas Market
- 12.30: Bad Wimpfen Christmas Market
- 12.31: Kaiserslautern Christmas Market
- 12.32: Wilchow Christmas World Landstuhl
- 12.33: CHRISTMAS MARKETS
- 12.34: Veterama Hockenheim
- 12.35: Golfing in Northern Italy
- 12.36: MaiMarkt Mannheim
- 12.37: Homburg's 40th May Festival
- 12.38: Baden-Baden Events
- 12.39: 8th Kaiserslautern Classics - Oldtimer Vintage Car Rally
- 12.40: Long Night of the Arts Kaiserslautern
- 12.41: Jazz Open 2014 Stuttgart