Christmas Market in Frankfurt
26 November – 23 December 2012
In terms of the visitor numbers and size, the Frankfurt christmas Market is one of the most important Christmas markets in Germany. The elaborate and creative stand decorations, the scenis surroundings of the Römerberg and Paulsplatz and the huge christmas tree also make it one of its most beautiful.
Römerberg, Paulsplatz und Mainkai (Main quay)
Monday – Saturday 10:00 – 21:00 hours
Sunday 11:00 – 21:00 hours
Programme of the Christmas Market
Official Opening Ceremony
The Chiming of Frankfurt's Church Bells
On the Saturday before the 1st Advent, the bell towers of Frankfurt’s churches combine for a musical performance of special magnificence. At precisely 4:30 pm, some 50 bells from 10 downtown churches chime in a melodic medley that is heard all across the city.
Take a ride on an historical steam train
Hop on board the historical steam train and take a ride along the majestic River Main
Christmas Market Tour - Stories, Sweets and Savouries
Enjoy the Frankfurt Christmas Market with all of your senses!
Let us invite you on a guides tour of Frankfurt’s time-honoured Christmas market. Become acquainted with the market's many culinary specialities and its traditions while learning more about historical and modern Frankfurt, Frankfurt personalities and the market itself. We invite you to join our tour guides in ascending to the *rooftop gallery of St. Nicholas Church, from where you'll be able to enjoy a wonderful panorama view of the entire market and the Frankfurt skyline. Next, join young and old for a nostalgic ride on a vintage carousel. Warm yourself with a hot cup of mulled wine at the end of the tour and take in the wonderful view of the market’s beautifully illuminated Christmas tree.
- Visits of the rooftop balustrade of St. Nicholas Church are performed at one's own risk.
- The rooftop gallery is not accessible during extreme weather conditions (ice or snow).
A carousel ride, hot mulled wine and a special marzipan candy
Tours are available in English and German-language from the 1st Advent onward.
Monday - Friday: 13:30 hrs.
Saturday + Sunday: 11:30 hrs. and 13.30 hrs.
Meeting Point: Tourist Information Römer
Duration: 1.5 hrs.
EUR 12,00 Adults
EUR 10,00 Students/Pupils
EUR 6,00 Children (5-15 years)
EUR 30,00 Family (2 adults and 2 children)
Subject to change!
Frankfurt Tourist+Congress Board, Kaiserstr. 56, 60329 Frankfurt
All Photos © with kind permission Tourismus+Congress GmbH Frankfurt am Main
- 14.1: THE ARCHIVES
- 14.2: 4th IFAF World American Football Championship
- 14.3: More Heidelberg Events
- 14.4: David Hockney Exhibition
- 14.5: Oktoberfest Wallau
- 14.6: Summer at the Mercedes-Benz Museum
- 14.7: Garden Show 2009 Schwerin
- 14.8: Vienna Summer 2009
- 14.9: Sesame Street/USO Experience
- 14.10: Viennale Film Festival
- 14.11: Codes and Clowns @ Heinz Nixdorf MuseumsForum - Paderborn
- 14.12: Wiesbaden DTM
- 14.13: Charity Golf Tournament
- 14.14: Titanic
- 14.15: "Belt it Out" song-writing competition
- 14.16: American Bike & Car Festival
- 14.17: Americana Western Horse Show
- 14.18: Wiesbaden City Festival
- 14.19: IAA 2011
- 14.20: Horrid Halloween at an Amusement Park
- 14.21: Marille el sugo con piselli
- 14.22: PhotoFestival Mannheim Ludwigshafen Heidelberg
- 14.23: Homburg St. Martin's Day Procession
- 14.24: Massong - Fire Protection & Safety
- 14.25: Whats On Wiesbaden, Mainz, Frankfurt
- 14.26: Whats On Heidelberg Mannheim
- 14.27: Whats On Stuttgart
- 14.28: TKS Shop Locations
- 14.29: Whats On Bavaria
- 14.30: Paul Hanke
- 14.31: Pullman City Western Town
- 14.32: Jazz Open 2012 Stuttgart
- 14.33: Soccer EURO 2012
- 14.34: Montreux Jazz Festival
- 14.35: NitrolympX Hockenheimring
- 14.36: Kaiserslautern Classics
- 14.37: Homburg Stadtfest
- 14.38: Würstmarkt Bad Dürkheim
- 14.39: Octoberfest Brauhaus Castel
- 14.40: Oktoberfest Munich
- 14.41: Stuttgart Beer Festival
- 14.42: Enjoy Jazz HD MA LU
- 14.43: Tübingen chocolART festival
- 14.44: Christmas Market Roundup
- 14.45: Wiesbaden Christmas Market
- 14.46: Stuttgart Christmas Market
- 14.47: Nürnberg Christkindlesmarkt
- 14.48: Mannheim Christmas Market
- 14.49: Kaiserslautern Christmas Market
- 14.50: Mainz Christmas Market
- 14.51: Homburg Christmas Village
- 14.52: Heidelberg Christmas Market
- 14.53: Homburg Christmas Market
- Die aktuelle Seite ist 14.54: Frankfurt Christmas Market
- 14.55: CHRISTMAS MARKETS
- 14.56: Veterama
- 14.57: Tripsdrill Amusement Park, Animal Paradise
- 14.58: MaiMarkt Mannheim