The BMW K 1600 GT is voted "International Bike Of The Year 2011”.
The BMW K 1600 GT gets the top vote of the international motorcycle press jury at the Brussels Motor Show.
Munich. The BMW K 1600 GT has won the vote for the “International Bike Of The Year 2011 (IBOTY)" award. This was announced at a press conference given by the Belgian motorcycle magazine Motor Wereld at the Brussels Motor Show. The award for the K 1600 GT comes from an international jury representing 25 motorcycle magazines.
The K 1600 GT convinced the motorcycle journalists with its unique combination of comfort, performance and use of innovative technologies. The powerful in-line 6-cylinder engine was said to offer power, refinement and lots of fun. The bike's sophisticated technology - in addition to ABS, traction control and navigation system, an adaptive headlight and electronically controlled suspension with various modes increase active riding safety - makes the K 1600 GT an incomparable touring motorcycle. On the road, the outstanding qualities of the K 1600 GT are its agile chassis and unusually light handling. All this gives the rider a unique riding experience, according to the jury, impressing the most demanding touring and sports motorcyclists.
The K 1600 GTL was rated separately and also convinced the jury, finishing fourth, while the S 1000 RR followed it in fifth place alongside the Kawasaki ZX-10R. With three models in the top five places, the BMW Motorrad put in a highly impressive showing overall.
BMW Motorrad also won the highest rating in 2010 with the S 1000 RR.
Highlights of the BMW K 1600 GT
* Supreme in-line 6-cylinder engine with a high level of pulling power, especially in the lower and medium engine speed range.
* The lightest and most compact 6-cylinder in-line engine in serial motorcycle production weighing just 102.6 kg and measuring 560 mm in width.
* Engine output 118 kW (160 bhp) at approx. 7500 rpm and a maximum torque of approx 175 Nm at approx. 5000 rpm.
* Over 70% of maximum torque available from 1500 rpm.
* Consistent lightweight construction throughout the entire vehicle (magnesium front panel carrier, aluminium rear frame, crankshaft etc.).
* E-Throttle: fully electronic relay between accelerator grip and throttle valve.
* Three drive modes to choose from ("Rain", "Road", "Dynamic")
* High active safety due to standard BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part integral).
* Traction control DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) for maximum safety when accelerating (optional extra).
* Chassis with Duolever and Paralever and ideal mass concentration for dynamic riding properties combined with optimum comfort.
* Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA II for optimum adaptation to all uses and load states (optional extra).
* World premiere for a motorcycle: Adaptive Headlight (optional extra) in conjunction with standard xenon headlamp and lighting rings for increased safety at night.
* Integrated operating concept for the first time with Multi-Controller, TFT colour screen and menu guidance.
* Audio system with preparation for navigation device and controllable interface for iPod, MP3, USB, Bluetooth and satellite radio (only USA and Canada) (standard in the K 1600 GTL).
* Innovative design with outstanding wind and weather protection.
* Extensive optional equipment and individually tailored accessories at the familiar high level of BMW Motorrad.
- 6.1: MOTOR NEWS & REVIEWS
- 6.2: Speer Racing
- 6.3: A Future Without Traffic Accidents?
- 6.4: BMW
- 6.5: New BMW 320i Sedan
- Die aktuelle Seite ist 6.6: BMW K 1600 GT
- 6.7: The Car Key of the Future
- 6.8: Restored Classic BMW 3.0 CSi premieres
- 6.9: A Visit to BMW Welt
- 6.10: A Visit to the BMW Museum
- 6.11: BUYING A NEW CAR IN EUROPE
- 6.12: Buying a Car in Europe
- 6.13: USAA Tips - Find the Best Car For You
- 6.14: FORD
- 6.15: 2015 Ford Mustang
- 6.16: 2010 Ford Mustang
- 6.17: Ford Mustang Celebrates 45 Years
- 6.18: JAGUAR
- 6.19: New XFR XKR
- 6.20: LANDROVER
- 6.21: Range Rover Flagship
- 6.24: MERCEDES BENZ
- 6.25: 1963 Spa Sofia Liège Rally
- 6.26: E Class Coupe & Cabriolet 2013
- 6.27: New Mercedes GLK
- 6.28: C-Class Coupe
- 6.29: Mercedes Benz Gullwing
- 6.30: Mercedes-Benz World
- 6.31: MINI
- 6.32: Bond Street MINI
- 6.33: MINI Roadster
- 6.34: ALL NEW MINI Coupe
- 6.35: MINI Countryman
- 6.36: PORSCHE
- 6.37: Targa 2014
- 6.38: Porsche Macan
- 6.39: Cayenne GTS
- 6.40: Porsche Cayenne
- 6.41: 911 GT3 Cup
- 6.42: Carrera 4 GTS
- 6.43: Porsche 918 Spyder
- 6.44: Porsche Boxster Spyder
- 6.46: Porsche Museum
- 6.47: Sports Car Winter Program
- 6.48: VOLVO
- 6.49: New Volvo V60 sports wagon
- 6.50: Volvo S60/XC60 R Design
- 6.51: Volvo XC 90
- 6.52: Intelligent Cars Help Avoid Accidents
- 6.53: Irv Gordon
- 6.54: Volvo P1800