Guesthouse and Holiday Apartments
Bed & Breakfast • Long & short term holiday • TLA/TDY/PCS extended stay
Great rates • English spoken
Beautifully situated close to Ramstein and Kaiserslautern between the Palatinate Forest nature park (Pfälzer Wald), the hills of the northern Palatinate (Nordpfälzer Bergland) and the Landstuhler Bruch, a rocky crag close to Landstuhl popular with climbers.
Neither locals nor guests can pull themselves away from the rugged beauty of the Westpfalz (Western Palatine). Forested hills, fields, pretty pastures and creek beds create a calm and quiet landscape.
Here between the “Pfälzer forest”, the “North Pfälzer hills” and the “Landstuhler Marshland” you will find in the little town of Schwedelbach the “Birnbaumhof,” a family guesthouse with cozy guestrooms and vacation apartments. “Birnbaumhof” means “Pear Tree Farm”. The guesthouse was built on the location of an old farm with a pear tree in the middle. The pear tree is still growing on the property.
Escape daily life, enjoy the quietness - relax and let your soul wander. Have some time to yourself, be active, enjoy nature and collect new impressions. Feel comfortable, enjoy the hospitality, meet new friends, be welcome....
. . . the “Birnbaumhof” is the right place for you and the perfect center for all your further excursions.
Today, while the charming character of the original farmyard has been retained, Birnbaumhof is a small, family-owned and run guesthouse with 7 cozy bedrooms, 1 apartment and 4 comfortable holiday apartments: accomodations for up to 29 people. Inside, the building is light and friendly and has been furnished lovingly and charmingly.
- A no-smoking hotel
- Free Wireless-LAN
- 3 Standard rooms
- 4 Superior comfort rooms
- 5 Apartments with 1-5 rooms suitable for 1-7 guests
All rooms have: free broadband wireless internet, king-size beds, telephone, mini-bar, digital satellite TV, modern shower and WC, hairdryer. All standard rooms and one comfort room were renovated in 2010, all other rooms were renovated in 2005. One room is suitable for handicapped guests. Baby beds available at no extra charge. Picnic lunches can be provided.
Buffet breakfast with a large and varied selection of cold and warm dishes, home-made jam and herbal teas is also available for apartment guests if desired.
Birnbaumhof is located is on a quiet street with no through-traffic, beside the woods at the edge of town. 10 minutes by car from highways A6 and A62.
- BBQ area
- Table tennis and badminton
- Lawn for sunbathing
- Children's wing, slide and sandbox
- Card and board games
- Library and reading corner
- Daily newspapers
- Hiking and cycling maps
Activities in the area
- Hiking and cycle paths directly from the hotel
- The first “Monkey Climbing” wood in the world only 500 meters away: at the Monkey Kletterwald in Schwedelbach it is possible to climb trees up to 26 meters high using equipment from www.monkeyhardware.com
- 18-hole golfcourse close-by (approximately 1 mile); 6 more golf courses in the area
- Kneipp baths and bowling in Schwedelbach
- Several swimming pools and saunas in the area
- Climb the highest hill in the Pfalz, the Donnersberg
- Explore the Pfälzer Wald
- Visit the historic imperial town of Speyer with its 950-year old cathedral, historical and technology museums, many smaller musems and IMAX cinema
- See the Largest Japanese-style garden in Europe in Kaoserslautern
- Explore the Roman city of Trier, the oldest city in Germany
- Drive along the German wine route (Deutsche Weinstrasse)
- Visit Idar-Oberstein, Germany’s gemstone center and the birthplace of Bruce Willis
- Visit the Villeroy & Boch porcelain factory Outlet Center in Mettlach
- Travel over the border to visit France or Luxembourg
Located close to Ramstein and Kaiserslautern
Guesthouse and Holiday Apartments
Mackenbacher Str. 19
Tel: 06374 - 5611
Fax 06374 - 994167
Credit cards & VAT forms accepted
Internet: www.birnbaumhof.de(external link)