Our favorite amusement parks in Germany.
These parks are all easy to get to and many of them offer special discounted tickets via the USO.
LEGOLAND® Deutschland - over 50 million LEGO bricks.
• LEGO X-TREME, where everything is higher, faster and action-packed.
• ADVENTURE LAND is hidden in the middle of a jungle, surrounded by trees and undergrowth, wild animals and fantastic creatures – all made of LEGO bricks.
• KNIGHTS’ KINGDOM is in a giant castle, where a fire-breathing dragon lurks.
• LEGO CITY has an airport and a harbor with aircraft and boats.
• PIRATE LAND is a world of buccaneers and corsairs taking part in Captain Nick’s Splash Battle.
LEGOLAND® Deutschland will be open from 23 March to 3 November 2013 from 10 am until 6 pm. Longer opening hours apply on weekends, during vacation time and on public holidays.
Tickets are available from USO offices in Kaiserslautern, Wiesbaden and Stuttgart.
Legoland is in Bavaria, approximately 90 minute’s drive from both Munich and Stuttgart.
LEGOLAND Deutschland, LEGOLAND Allee, 89312 Günzburg
Tel.: 0180 5 700 757 01
More Legoland info
Enjoy a day out at Taunus Wunderland
A host of fun attractions awaits the whole family
at the Wonderful Taunus Wunderland
Taunus Wunderland amusement park is located in the Taunus hills, in the pretty spa town of Schlangenbad, close to Wiesbaden and about half an hour’s drive from Frankfurt.
A host of rides for all ages
There’s a whole variety of rides, to suit different ages and temperaments: from fast, adventurous, scary to more gentle, magical, mysterious. Even the smallest child will enjoy a carousel ride, being a pirate, playing on a climbing frame, or challenging dad to a water fight. American Indians paddle their kayaks, dragons hide behind giant boulders, ghosts are lurking in the haunted house!
For the most adventurous, those who dare can plunge more than 22 meters down a giant water slide, the Wildwasserbahn. Who’s brave enough to ride the pirate ship, too scary for me? Listen to the screams! Or the Silberpfeil, the highest slide in the whole of Hessen. Or the Big Scooter, only for those who love the thrill of speed.
Holiday Park Hassloch
Holiday Park, the big entertainment park in the middle of Germany, is visited each year by more than one million visitors. It is approximately 20 minutes by car from Mannheim, 30 minutes from Heidelberg, one hour from Ramstein.
Favorite rides include:
- Expedition GeForce, which has been voted “the best roller coaster in the world!” four times in a row by Internet Coaster Poll
- Lighthouse Tower, Germany's tallest carousel
- Free Fall Tower, the ultimate adrenalin-rush: Europe's first Free Fall Tower
- Superwirbel, Germany’s Cult-Coaster
Holiday Park will be open from 27 March through 31 October 2010.
Looking for great deals for Holiday Park tickets? All U.S. military personnel in Germany can get big discounts on regular Holiday Park admission tickets at the local USO offices. USO Rhein-Neckar, USO Stuttgart and USO Kaiserslautern.
Holiday Park, Holiday-Park-Strasse 6, 67454 Hassloch
Tel: 06324 5993 900
Movie Park Germany
Movie Park Germany used to be known as Warner Bros. Movie World. However since 2005 it has been named Movie Park Germany. The old Warner Bros. licences have now been replaced by new ones from studios such as MGM, 20th Century Fox and Dreamworks.
- Hollywood Street Set, with Shrek 4-D– Effect cinema and a Crazy Action Stunt Show
- New York City, with a New York Broadway Show
- Nickland, with SpongeBob and his friends
- The Old West
- Santa Monica Pier
Movie Park is open from 26 March through 31 October. Between 6 September and 7 October it is closed Monday through Wednesday, open Thursday thorugh Sunday.
Tickets are available from USO Rhein-Neckar.
Movie Park Germany Warner Allee 1, 46244 Bottrop-Kirchhellen
Phantasialand is in Brühl, slightly south-west of Cologne.
- Talocan: suspended top spin with heads and feet dangling free over gaping chasms.
- Atlantis: plunge at torpedo speed deep into the ocean under the golden cupola roof to the floor of the ocean to the legendary city of Atlantis.
- Winja's Fear: indoor spinning coaster.
- Feng Ju Palace: where reality is turned upside down
- Tittle Tattle Tree: a 17 meter (55 ft) high para tower.
Children under 7 admission free.
Tickets available from USO Rhein-Neckar.
Europa Park is divided into several different areas, mostly named after European countries or regions, such as Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, Greece, or Russia.
- A themed area called Iceland which features a megacoaster with catapult start, and an Icelandic landscape with rugged rock formations and a colorful fishermen's village.
- Magic Cinema 4D
Europa-Park tickets are available from USO Rhein-Neckar.
Europa-Park, Europa-Park-Strasse 2, 77977 Rust